Posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion
mimus

Default I Want Control! Complete and Total Control!

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:48:52 GMT, Aratzio wrote:

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:19:52 -0500, mimus
transparently proposed:

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:48:47 GMT, Aratzio wrote:

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:27:48 -0500, mimus
transparently proposed:

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:20:40 GMT, Aratzio wrote:

I own somewhere around 2,000 CDs and generally only stick them in my
computer once.

You have ~2K CDs' worth of audio information _stored_? where? on what?

No, I have a LOT more than 2K cds stored.

Computer #1:
1.2Tb of assorted internal and external hard drives

Computer #2
650 Gb internal.

Computer #3
750Gb internal. Work in progress, as I am putting in a 1.2Tb Raid 1
array (600Gb) for actual data storage. Love the new Motherboad, 4 Sata
ports PLUS 4 Sata RAID ports PLUS 4 IDE channels.

#1 is primary storage.
#2 is primarily back-up for #1.
#3 is eventual replacement for #1.

Eh. Oh. I do beg your pardon, but I think I need to talk to someone
normal.

(BTW, I strongly disapprove of Internet radio, or any other use of Internet
streaming for other than realtime coverage of RL events, and not even those
if they're routine-- SAVE THE INTERNET.)

((Screw Internet use of PDF files, the most bloated files on the planet,
too-- what the Hell's xhtml for, anyway?))

My *work* computer is a Pentium II 300 with 64M of memory. When I want
to take a break I just pull up a pdf file and go away for 10 minutes.

No one understands why I keep that dinosaur around. Silly fools.

LOL

--

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

Big portal to underworld just over hill, next to poorhouse.

Laumer