Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] dwbabcock44@gmail.com is offline

Default Studer Revox PR99 problem

On Monday, October 13, 2014 at 3:39:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
miercuri, 20 martie 2013, 04:35:35 UTC+2, a scris:
I have a Studer Revox PR99 player only that I cant keep in play, rewind,fast forward mode unless I keep ho;ding that button down. As soon as I let the button go it stops. Any ideas where to look? Thanks Joe

check fader start pcb, capacitor c2-3.3uF blue tantalum possibly failed (in short circuit)

Correct capacitor for this fix is C4, shorts causes 24 volts to stop port. Same value 3.3/35volt capacitor. BR99 MKII version.