Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] lesorr@gmail.com is offline

Default Tone Burst Testing

On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 7:54:38 PM UTC-7, Phil Allison wrote:
Hi,

my colleague Rod Elliot has designed a neat, tone burst gate that you can
build yourself quite cheaply.

It can produce bursts of 1 to 32 "on" cycles followed by 4 to 64 "off"
cycles at any audio frequency.

Perfect for amp testing, comp/limiter testing, VU meter testing and speaker
performance testing.

http://sound.westhost.com/project143.htm

For speaker testing, you will need an suitable omni electret or omni
condenser mic and preamp.

The Behringer ECM8000 is a possible candidate.

... Phil

I have been unable to connect to the link you indicated. If it is not still available, could you send me whatever info (schematic, photo, write-up?) was there? Thank you. Les Orr