Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default So-called high rez audio downloads debunked - again!

On Mar 16, 2:30=A0pm, jwvm wrote:
On Friday, March 16, 2012 2:02:48 PM UTC-4, Scott wrote:On Mar 16, 2:43=

=A0am, Robert wrote:

so how does that make me stuck? Perhaps you think I have neverauditione=

d a modern SS amp? I have. I prefer the euphonic colorationsof the amp I a=
lready have. So how am I stuck? Seems the folks whocan't get past the arbi=
trary choice of accuracy for the sake ofaccuracy are the ones who are stuc=
k.

You are free to use whatever amplifier you want and with whatever non-ide=

al properties that you think are good. However, such an amplifier fails to =
measure up when compared to the technical definition of an ideal amplifer. =
Whether or not you find that such an amplifier meets your needs, you need t=
o understand the technical definition of perfection.

Perhaps you need to understand the nature of the concept of
perfection. Perfection is a goal or an abstract model. Goals are
subjective and determined by human values. human values when it comes
to all things that are aesthetic in nature are personal. You you are
just as free as I am to want whatever properties in an amplifier that
*you* think are good. But you don't get to determine the ideal for the
rest of the world.