Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Replacement speaker for Fender Rumble 350 Bass Combo amp??

On 3/28/2014 10:51 PM, gregz wrote:
Paul wrote:
Unfortunately, Fender has either made a design flaw in this
amp, or they got a bad batch of cheap 8 Ohm speakers. This
is obvious because a Google search shows many people have
blown the speakers on these units. The particular unit
I am repairing is only 3 months old, from date of purchase, and
both speakers were blown during a gig.

The spec sheet for the Rumble 350 is 370 Watts into 4 Ohms (8 ohms
parallel).

From what I researched, these Eminence speakers should do the
trick:

http://www.eminence.com/pdf/Legend_B102.pdf

I was not able to find a 10" speaker higher than a 200Watt rating.

About $80 a pop on Ebay.

If someone knows of a cheaper, but equally good speaker, please let me
know, but I really would like these replacements to LAST.

I'm not going to argue the equipments potential, but the first thing I
always think of is downgrading potential for failure. I would stick the
drivers in Series. Try to blow that out. Sure, it will not play as loud,
probably 6 DB drop. Each driver will only see 1/4 the power, roughly.

That is a thought.....