Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Replacement speaker for Fender Rumble 350 Bass Combo amp??

Paul wrote:

On 3/28/2014 1:44 PM, Neil wrote:
On 3/28/2014 1:12 PM, Paul wrote:
On 3/28/2014 8:15 AM, Neil wrote:

My point is that "music creation" is less about technical aspects such
as the power handling capability of a speaker than the musician's
*feeling* about the amp's sound and responsiveness.

Technical aspects DO matter: The musicians can't have much
feeling about an amp that blows out because the power rating is
incorrect!

That isn't the "feeling" I was referring to. ;-) An instrument amp is
an integral part of an electric instrument, and can change not only how
the instrument sounds, but how it "feels". A drastic example; an
unplugged guitar "feels" different than an amplified one. Every
seemingly small change to an amplifier can have an impact on how the
instrument performs, and some musicians can be very picky about such
things (YT included!).

Agreed, I can be picky too.

But this fella wants the amp to LAST, not just have good tone.

I suspect the Eminence will last longer, AND have better tone!

He might have purchased a decent rig to begin with instead of thinking a
cheap piece of kit is going to last. The consumer bears some
responsiblity for purchase decsions, too.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com