Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil Gould Neil Gould is offline

Default Replacement speaker for Fender Rumble 350 Bass Combo amp??

Paul wrote:
Unfortunately, Fender has either made a design flaw in this
amp, or they got a bad batch of cheap 8 Ohm speakers. This
is obvious because a Google search shows many people have
blown the speakers on these units. The particular unit
I am repairing is only 3 months old, from date of purchase, and
both speakers were blown during a gig.

The spec sheet for the Rumble 350 is 370 Watts into 4 Ohms (8 ohms
parallel).

From what I researched, these Eminence speakers should do the
trick:

http://www.eminence.com/pdf/Legend_B102.pdf

I was not able to find a 10" speaker higher than a 200Watt rating.

About $80 a pop on Ebay.

If someone knows of a cheaper, but equally good speaker, please let me
know, but I really would like these replacements to LAST.

If this is not your personal amp I'd be very hesitant to replace the
speakers with anything other than the originals because the choice of that
amp may have been based on its sound and responsiveness. I'd be quite upset
if some repair shop returned an amp to me that sounded or behaved
differently than what I bought! ;-)
--
best regards,

Neil