Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Output classes A and AB

"John Byrns" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

Actually, there is cancellation regardless of whether one side has ceased
conducting or not, because the cancellation comes from the fact that the
transfer functions of the two sides are identical but opposite.

During the portion of the wave where both sides conduct, there may be
cancellation of odd order distortion.

Are you sure about this? yes.

This looks about right:

http://dave.uta.edu/dillon/ee5301/lecture11.htm

In school I was taught the law of half-wave symmetry. Any wave, no matter
how distorted, that has matching halves has no even-order distortion.

Aren't there two symmetry laws, I can never remember the second one, or
is it the first?

Thanks for the memory jog. Please see the reference. There are lots of
symmertry laws!

A wave that is composed of one half of any kind and the other half is
zero,
has only even-order distortion.

Could you say that again please?

A wave that is composed of one non-zero half wave of any kind, and the other
half is nothing (zero),
has only even-order distortion.