Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Speaker Break In

James Lehman wrote:

The temperature of the driver can cause a lot of difference in the stiffness
of the suspension. A voice coil can be quite a heater. I'm not sure I would
want to rely on that though. If you have the means to measure Fs accurately,
try measuring it after the driver has been in the freezer for a while. The
measure it again, after it warms up.

All such measurements should be made at room temp after 'temperature
equalisation'

Incidentally UK pro-audio louspeaker manufacturer quotes Thiele-Small parameters
thus......

Notes
3. Thiele - Small Parameters follow a 300 Watt preconditioning period.
http://www.precisiondevices.co.uk/as...ds/super/8.pdf

Graham