techdeveloper

I recall reading an article which described a test that allowed 2 amps to be
connected to a single speaker. If and only if there were differences
between the 2 would the speaker make any sound at all.

Anyone know of this test?

Yes, of course.

I don't know what it's "called" in various circles, but it's a
"differential test". The test shows up the difference between not only
the signals but the difference between the errors. You can try it
between two ams in a stereo unit, or between two different amps. The
main problem is you have to PRECISELY match the gain of the two amps.