Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Neil Gould Neil Gould is offline

Default Has your memory card ever worn out?

William Sommerwerck wrote:
It very much matters what the OS does, unless one can
significantly reconfigure the OS or use an OS that doesn't
depend on virtual memory. To my understanding, neither
has been made easier with more recent OSs.

Neil, you raised a good point that I hadn't fully through through.

Thank you, William. I do try to read with comprehension and consider the
content before responding.

Windows creates what used to be called a swap file that is continually
written to and read from. I don't want that on my SSD. Fortunately,
you can tell Windows where to put it.

However, the swap file is not necessarily the only consideration. Such
things as tmp files are typically managed by applications, not Windows, and
the apps don't always give you an option for relocating those files to
another drive. Perhaps some other OS can force those kinds of app functions,
which is why I asked the question rather than make a definitive statement.
;-)

--
best regards,

Neil