Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Mxsmanic Mxsmanic is offline

Default Has your memory card ever worn out?

nospam writes:

not when there isn't a second drive available, such as in a laptop,
which is exactly where you are most likely to find ssd. plus, putting
virtual memory swap on an hd is dumb. it's much better to keep it on
the much faster ssd.

Swap and paging files receive a tremendous amount of I/O in most systems,
enough to burn through some SSDs in short order. If you can afford SSD for
swap/paging, you can afford enough RAM to make I/O to swap or paging
unnecessary (in many cases).