S888Wheel

Default Why DBTs in audio do not deliver (was: Finally ... The Furutech CD-do-something)

Ludonvic said

I have no "evidence" for my perception that silver wires a la Kimber

sound better- TO ME- than copper (even when I'm blinded). None that
would satisfy you and none, in truth- that would satisfy a critical
peer-review.
MORE- I don't believe that such "evidence" is possible outside of RAHE
wishful fantasies. I don't believe that there is experimental
evidence (see my answer to Nousaine) that a technique, such as the
audio version of DBT has been shown to be capable of invalidating
mine or anyone else's perceptions.

I said

I have to take issue with this claim. Any claims that suggest a physical
manifestation of any phenomenon is a testable claim. If you claim to hear
differences it is a testable claim.

Ludvic said

Mr.S888wheel. Did you just wake up?

No.

Ludvic said

Everything is testable - IF you
have a way, a test, a method of doing it. Just that tiny, unimportant
point.

There are available methods to test your claim.

Ludvic said

If I say that there must be life somewhere in the universe outside of
Earth it is testable claim if you have a test.

Bad analogy. That claim is not testable do to the lack of resources. your claim
of audibility is a specific claim that does not require an investigation beyond
human resources.

Ludvic said

And it is the existence
of such a
test for audio components that we've been debating here for the last
two years.

I believe you have been debating the merits of ABX testing. One could test your
claims scientifically without using ABX or doing anything to interupt the
conditions under which you claim to hear differences.

Ludvic said

If you have a test for personal difference/preferences in cables,
poetry, music, novels and wine out with it. You'll make billions
selling it to the profilers who'll be spamming you and me till the end
of our days.
Maybe thanks to you they'll find out that , sadly,
I'm past interest in their favourite topics and stop trying to
titillate me in vain.
Ludovic Mirabel
I know that you're a serious guy but, please, for once give up.
Believe me; frustration only lies this way.

I have proposed such tests but I don't expect to make money off them. What I
proposed is not easy to do and not practical for the garden variety of
audiophile. Just becuase evidence hasn't been obtained does not make it
unobtainable.