Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Art Landy Art Landy is offline

Default full-circle back to Bose 901's?

I fully understand your love for the Bose 901s. I have the original 901s
that I bought when they first came out. I still use them and love them,
though the equalizer doesn't work anymore. They still provide a spacious
sound. have great bass and are very pleasurable to listen to. Forget all
the critics. What you enjoy hearing is what you should insist on. I also
own Martin Logan Electrostats and a speaker system by the name of Essence 8a
( a 4 way transmission line system with KEF drivers). Each is in a
different room and each provides a different kind of listening experience.
I prefer each system depending on the type of music I want to hear. I could
not honestly say that one is any better than the other - they are just
different in various ways. And each has its own strengths and weaknesses.
One of the great things about the Bose speakers is that they do not lose the
highs and lows when played at a low volume, and to my ears they have plenty
of detail. Hope this helps!