Pooh Bear

RickH wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

I'm running a homebrew though. How many ppl have mirrored disks ?
Graham

I'm running 1 terrabyte on a Raid-5 array. I was going to use
mirroring (Raid-1) but too expensive (space-wise). Usually Raid-1 is
only used for extremely critical applications like payroll or credit
cards, etc. I get great redundancy, lots of space, and the ability to
swap drives in/out with no data loss. Raid-1 mirroring is overkilll
and too expensive for my needs, Raid-5 is just right.

Needs more disks though ! I admit that would be my perfect solution. But
do I need it ?

I simply wanted data integrity hence it fitted my needs fine. It was a
steal end-of-line mobo purchase too. Highpoint 370 controller integrated.
Total of 4 IDE channels.

Graham