Mark Zarella

Default Installer in central NY?

What is so hard about this install you need done? Do you need custome
fabrication that you can't do yourself?

I need my speakers to be installed in the doors. Everyone I've gone
to has said that it can't be done, even though I've done it before
myself in the very same type of car. They're just lazy, ignorant, or
incompetent.

It's hard to believe that every installer in your area is that bad. What do
you consider incompetence?

Every installer that I've spoken to in my area is incompetent.
Obviously I haven't spoken to everyone, which is why I asked the
question. But I've spoken to several, mostly the bigger ones. By
incompetence, I mean an installer who says he cannot do the job or
refuses to do the job so they can sell me something else. Or other
signs that the person has no idea what they're talking about.

For instance, today I picked my car back up after dropping it off to
have it looked at. He said he couldn't do it and my only other option
would be to have kick panels made. That, he said, would require that
he have the car at least 4 days and probably a week. Incompetence.

In addition, he told me that one subwoofer would not provide enough
bass to even hear in this car, and he cited the ONE installation in
this type of car that his shop has ever done. I heard all about this
installation in my last visit, where they were shocked to find that
the bass was lacking when they put the sub in the factory location in
the rear deck (surprise surprise). That, in and of itself, should
have told me not to waste my time.

Anyway, everywhere I've visited has come up with some sort of BS
story. Good installers are hard to find - no, impossible to find.