Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Default I Built and Used My First Incandescent Bulb Current-Limiter

Don Pearce cannot stop Bull****ting wrote:

======================================

I should add. The cold/hot resistance change is much greater in the
NTC thermistor, which means that while it does a much better job of
limiting the initial inrush current, its resistance once it reaches
its final state will be only a few tens of milliohms, so it becomes
essentially invisible to the circuit in operation.

This would be a typical choice

https://uk.farnell.com/ametherm/sl22...tor/dp/1703898

** Don just makes stuff up.

The presence or not of an NTC in an *amplifier" has no effect on the behavior of a "dim bulb"at switch on.

I deal with this stuff *every day* and Don does NOT !!!

....... Phil