Laurence Payne

Default Windows Sound Recorder

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:31:16 GMT, "Brigitte J."
wrote:

I've attempted to play the tape on a tape player and record into "Windows
Sound Recorder", and this works great, except that it won't allow me to tape
anything of any length. I get 60 seconds into it, and it stops recording.
I need to tape approximately 45 to 60 minutes and can't figure out how to
accomplish this.

Can you tell me how I can accomplish this without having to buy equipment
that I'll probably never need again? Is it even possible?

I see you've solved your main problem.

But, for the record, the way to make WSR record longer files is to
record into an existing wav file of the required length.

You can make one by cut-and-paste within WSR. Or you can use an
existing one, if available. It doesn't matter what the audio content
is - you're going to "record over" it anyway.