Posted to rec.audio.pro
Walt Walt is offline

Default Audio snake recommendation needed

gregfrey wrote:

Argg, help! The producer can't wait the two weeks for a custom snake
to be made. I need to purchase something off the shelf today. I refuse
to buy Hosa. Since I'm going 24 track to 24 track, I will need to
purchase 6, 8 channel snakes. Here are links to two different
suppliers I've found:

http://store.haveinc.com/Ebus30/Part...cturer=Flexygy

http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/8...E-p-16444.html

The Haveninc link I found through the Digidesign site. Their cables
have Neutrik connectors but are only 24 gauge. The Lenexpo stuff is
made in China (I called them yesterday) and their wire is 18 gauge
with no-name connectors.

Why is the gauge of the conductors important to you? This isn't speaker
wire or power cables. Lot's of high quality snakes out there with 24
gauge conductors.

Best to stick with name brand connectors.

Any recommendations or other ideas?

Call Proco? Full Compass?