Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Default Digital Room "Correction"

Clive Backham wrote:
OK, thanks everyone. You've talked me out of it.

By the way: The TacT room correction system seems to be regarded as
something that works (damn well needs to at the price!). And as far as
I can tell it just fiddles with the signal in DSP before it gets to the
speakers. So how does it work?

My brief experience with it was that it didn't really work. But I think
they are actually trying to undo the impulse response of the room. Once
again, this will only work at one point in space and it won't fix suckout
problems, but it might compensate for hangover, which EQ won't.