Heya,

I've noticed this in a few acoustic guitar tracks before -- some

songs
will do this thing where the low E string will be panned hard left,

the
A string will be not quite as hard left, the D maybe 20% left, G
center, B 50% right, and the high E hard-right.

How would I go about doing this? I would be very suprised if it were

mic each string individually, but that just doesn't seem right. Has
anyone done this before?

Regards,
Matt Carpenter

The only way that this can be done is with pickups with individual
sensors on each string.

I have seen Ovations built with EDB on one set of pickups and AGE on
the other this way and when fingerpicked, the effect is really
interesting. I suppose that one could rewire for indivilual output on
each pickup.

I have a Gibson Chet Atkins that has individual volume controls on each
sensor, however the output is mixed to mono.