Posted to rec.audio.pro
Robert Stevens Robert Stevens is offline

Default Valley Gatex 4 Channel Gate/Expander Question

I plucked all the electrolytics and ran ESR tests on all them. They all passed. However, they are all some pretty off brand so I'm gonna put some nichicon caps back in their place. Looks to me like someone recapped the unit at some point not that long ago. And of course, it was on of those folks that likes to bend the pins flush to the board making desoldering a PITA even with an electric vacuum pump tool.