Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Stereophonic Realism - a Tautology

ST wrote:
That never happens, unless you're sitting in an anechoic chamber.

So how does that make stereo accurate in anechoic chamber?

It does not; it can not be.

We prefer to listen to the sound coming directly to us by turning
our head towards the sound. Unfortunately in stereo, we fix our head
to an empty space between two speakers and listen to sound coming
from outside of our point of focus. How can that be natural?

There's nothing natural about it: it's an illusion. And the
reflections in your room are a critical part of that illusion.

Andrew.