Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Shuguang not making 845 any more?

Maybe Shuguang are not making any more 845.

I am finding stocks of chinese 845 to be very low, and KR Audio 845 have
now become absurdly expensive if you buy from the US, which isn't an
option because some places with stocks won't sell any to Oz.

One price I saw when the aud was 90c US a few months ago had KR845 at
usd $534 but they didn't return my emails. And the notice on the site
said they don't export outside the US and that the 845 was discontinued.

The KR T100 which is if anything a better tube than the 845 because it
has higher gm and much lower Ra than the 845 for about the same µ is
also a rare thing to be seen anywhere for sale.

So, Are the days of the 845 over? Was the re-commencement of 845
production a "flash in the pan"? Was it only an illusion that the world
really was a OK?

Patrick Turner.