Mark Zarella

Default "Best" SQ subs?

I have to agree with Mark. I'd choose a good sub, but don't forget that
the
install is paramount. I just did two Soundstream EXACT 10s in an

aperiodic
enclosure and the 20Hz response is outstanding.

Good job by the way. Looks good.

The same woofers in a
different box would yield different results. I'm sure many people don't
consider the EXACT subs the "best", but in my particular install I'd put
them up against just about anything for SQ output.

In my experience, you can't do it without tradeoffs, and almost any sub will
do. Some on here claim that the difference between woofers is negligible,
as long as they can handle enough power and are put in the right enclosure
to achieve the desired tuning and efficiency. I tend to agree with that
assertion. It's very easy to compensate for most TS params by modifications
of an enclosure. I think Steve is putting a little too much weight into the
numbers (as he commonly does ) and the notion that some subs are
strictly for "SQ purposes" and others for SPL.