Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, andPlayback Rate

On 21/12/2018 03:17, wrote:
"2018 he played the cassette and recorded with a cellphone placed next to cassette players' speaker .."

???!!

At the very least, that cassette could be played on a decent
cassette deck, convert the output from its RCA to the mini
line in on a PC soundcard, then record the cassette audio
into a DAW for editing.

Reading all the posts and surmising about the back story, there's a good
possibility that the person with the recordings either does not have
access to or is not willing to invest in the cost of a computer for this
one job, or attempt to climb the learning curve of operating one, due to
their age. We also don't know how the discs were transcribed 40 years
ago, ( I'd not put any money on the recorder and turntable being
electrically connected) but the content is worth preserving, even if the
quality is dire.

So they are using what they have to do the job that they want to do.

In an ideal world, the original 78s would be available and a decent
transcription setup could be bought or rented. In the past, I've had to
accept sub-optimal conditions and results for stuff such as a demo tape
of a pub singer, where there was a stipulation that no visible or close
up microphones could be used.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.