Claudio Menegoz Claudio Menegoz is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Barss View Post
I have a pair of B&W DM602 S3 speakers, and just got an Onkyo
TX-SR706 receiver. Thr msnual for the latter suggests bi-wiring
(specifically, connecting the front L/R terminals to one set of
terminals on the speakers, and connecting the rear L/R receiver
terminals to the other set of speaker terminals). So does the B&W website
(in general, not specifically for these speakers).

Is there any real advantage to doing this?

-- Andy Barss
Some Onkyo receivers (ex:TX-NR809), alows you to connect the speakers on a simulated Bi amp function by using Zone 1(main) & zone 2 speaker connections.

In my experience, I moved a pair of B&W DM603 with many diferent amplifiers and getting diferent results. first It was a Yamaha M65 power amplifier (CX2 pre amp), monster wires, in general good results. Then it was a Yamaha 5.1 RXV 795a. This was in terms of audio, my biggest mistake, but movies sounds pretty well. At the end, recently I recovered and old Panasonic stereo from the 90's (SC-CH9) that was abandon and fully of dust. At the moment I was cleaning the equipment i saw the legend "bi amp, bi wiring" and decided that it worthed to connect my B&W to the small thing...... I cannot tell you how surpirse I was when I hear the sound from this conbination. At the end, bi amp & bi wiring makes the diferent to me and I re discovered the sound of my B&W that never sounded so well before. It's incredible how this aparently small amplifier can support these big speakers.