Mark D. Zacharias

Default Bose receiver broken and need alternate.

Sounds like perhaps the easiest thing would be to repair the receiver.
What's it doing wrong?

Mark Z.

"Bill S." wrote in message
m...
Bose receiver broken and need replacement or knowledge or a
recommendation.

I have a very old Bose DEMC-2-B receiver that has stopped working.
Judging by the size of the traces on the printed circuit board it is
early 1980's technology and I am looking for a replacement. The basic
setup is three rooms with two Bose 102 ceiling mounted speakers and
remote volume in each room. The best that I can tell there are three
amplifiers in the receiver along with an AM/FM radio.

Other rooms are connected but they have independent amplifiers and
work properly when connected to another source for testing.

The most knowledgeable local audio store person that could be found
advised that Bose was different and suggested only a Bose receiver
could drive the speakers. Somehow the 'only Bose' comment did not
test for reasonableness.

The system is in a home purchased three years ago. The receiver has
been removed and the hole in the wall is being repaired. The wiring
is accessible to the new receiver location with only minor changes.
Since the unit is broken additional features are not the primary
consideration. Also there is no interest in replacing the speakers,
which sound fine for my purposes. Hopefully the receiver can be
replaced with current technology without replacing speakers or
rewiring the house. I am simply trying to solve the 'it's broken
problem'.

Thanks in advance for any insight that can be offered.

Bill Stanley