Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default ortf question

"Nate Najar" wrote in message
news:24517183.675.1323786885166.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqlh5...
hypothetically speaking of course, if you were to do ortf with a pair of
mk41's, about how far apart should the capsules be?

with cardioid I do my best to get them at 110 degrees and they end up
around 6.5" apart. with the supercardioids, at 90 degrees, how far?

What parts of the mics are 6.5 inches apart? I am generally able to get
the diaphragms of small diameter mics within a fraction of an inch of
touching at the edges. I've even done it with vocal mics by screwing off the
balls.