Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Howard Stone Howard Stone is offline

Default More than 30W per chanel Class A transistor amps

I've just bought a KSA 50, it was practically given away. It blew its owner's speakers and he just lost confidence with it -- I've shipped it directly to a good engineer in the UK to do a full restoration.

Anyway assuming everything works out, my plan is to feed the source directly into the power amp, with no pre. I only have one source -- a DAC (DPA Bigger Bit) which has an output of 1.96V.

If not I have two spare preamps, a Quad 34 the pre section from my Electrocompaniet ECI-2

Everyone says that I should try it with am Audio Research valve pre -- but how can this possibly be an improvement over no pre at all???