Rich.Andrews

"scott" wrote in :

One of my personal favorites...oh yeah....these look like a good
investment...not!

Tekna Sonic C-5 BookShelf Speaker Enhancer - Pair $79.95

Even the finest speakers have cabinet vibrations that make bass notes
muddy or boomy, and distort the midrange. Now Tekna Sonic offers a
simple solution guaranteed to improve bass and midrange clarity. C-5
vibration absorbers feature an array of polymer damping plates -
selectively tuned to frequencies in the 20-1kHz range - which attach
magnetically to the back of the speaker cabinet.

This begs the qustion of how one magnetically attaches anything to a wood
cabinet.

"Dave Kowalski" wrote in message
How about those pyramid cones to isolate speakers from the mounting
surface------
I've watched proponents wax on and on about which direction to put the
point-speaker or surface...

"Agent_C" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm sure we all have our favorite snake oil story...

Mine comes from Lyric HiFi here in New York, when they tried to sell
me little coin size metallic stickers. At $250.00 each, they
supposedly improved the sound by "dampening the field-effect
resonance" on your individual components. What??? I could hardly
contain my laughter!

Then there was the afternoon at Sound by Singer (a more appropriate
name for this rug merchant would be 'Sound by Swindler'), where he
had a customer convinced his prospective $500,000.00 system was so
precise, that one could actually distinguish between two identically
titled CD's - by the subtle differences on the pitted surface of the
disk.

I'm not even going to start sharing what salesmen have said while
trying to sell me cables...

A_C