Posted to rec.audio.pro
Charles Tomaras Charles Tomaras is offline

Default Grammy TV Audio?

"Wayne R." wrote in message
I'm no expert on these things, but last night's Grammy show's audio
(over Comcast, through an HD TiVo to 2-ch. Bose system) really sucked.

Was it a 5.1 "conversion" problem or what? It seemed like the center
channel was missing, but since I don't have a 5.1 setup I can't be
sure. Can anyone give me an idea where the problem came from and what
it might have been? Maybe it sucked for everyone, or just stereo users
like us.

Happily for me, I didn't want to watch the silliness, so I went away.
Honeypie suffered though it though...

From what I watched in 5.1 with a better than average setup it sounded
pretty good. I watched and was really amazed by how decent the mixes were
given the enormity of the challenge. So many sources, so many monitor mixes,
so much RF....really blown away that it works as well as it does.