Chung

Steven Sullivan wrote:
wrote:

To clarify, I think that the perception of right-brain differences is
more obvious in a "beginner's mind" state, in which one hears something
for the first time. They are also more obvious in living with a
component.

And how would you go about proving these claims, in such a way as
to strongly rule out other explanations?

Well, this is where we will never agree, of course, but I don't feel a
need to *prove* these claims. This is because the need to prove, the
need itself, can lead one astray. Every listening test I've ever read
about, that attempted to establish something on an objective level,
seemed to be designed in ignorance of how subtle subjective experiences
operate.

Mike

IIRC, you used to have a Caltech email address and claimed that you
studied there. I am frankly shocked to find a graduate from Caltech
making the above statement. I am also very surprised that you posted
this statement:

***
"More and more I get the feeling that you, and Stewart, and Chung simply
*can't* hear the differences between components. While I'm sure they
enjoy music very much, it would seem that their listening lacks layers
and depth--lacks the sorts of experiences that stimulate one to reflect
on the nature of the act of listening."
***

When called upon, you then stated that it was simply "a suggestion that
some people are more sensitive than others". You made a clear attack of
the hearing ability of specifically those who disagree with some of your
views, and tried to explain it away as a "simple fact of nature". It is
amazing that someone who went to Caltech could not understand a general
statement from a personal attack, or did not have the intellectual
honesty to admit having made such an attack. I would also add that I am
very disappointed to see a Caltech graduate debating here with less
skills and rigor than a middle school student.