Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Keith G Keith G is offline

Default Here we go again!

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
u...

"Keith G" wrote in message
No Arny, you've got that all wrong (unless you are *distorting* again
which, of course, is highly likely) - it's CDs that are disappearing
rapidly.

Where the hell do YOU live?
But I note you do NOT claim vinyl sales have even reached the most
minuscule
percentage of CD sales, or availability.

Why should I make any such claim? - I neither know nor care, but think
about this: If 'vinylists' were as *elitist* as some here would have you
believe, then the smaller that percentage, the better - no?

It's amazing what you can do with statistics though. An Audio rag
recently
claimed that turntable sales in England were greater than CD player
sales
last year.
Even IF true, what they conveniently ignored was the millions of DVD
player,
SACD player, DVDA player and other assorted hybrid player sales, that
all
play standard CD disks.

Factor in the 'iPod effect' and you've answered your own question...

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good argument" is still a
widely
accepted philosophy it seems.

Facts? That's an intriguing prospect - we get a lot of 'facts' in here
(ukra)....