Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Keith G Keith G is offline

Default Here we go again!

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Keith G" wrote in message

No Arny, you've got that all wrong (unless you are
*distorting* again which, of course, is highly likely) -
it's CDs that are disappearing rapidly.

Not in terms of sales percentages.

No? I would have thought a fall in sales revenue of 19.8% in just three
months was a pretty good indicator:

Vinyl continues
to chunter on and with the flood of new hardware
(turntables, carts &c.)

In the US, LP sales have hit the skids. Again.

Wouldn't know, but the phrase 'down, but not out' springs immediately to
mind...??

snip

Readers of a UK newsgroup might want to ask themselves
why a foreigner feels it necessary to pound it
relentlessly with *antivinyl propaganda*??

What *antivinyl propaganda*?? Vinyl is what it is - a legacy
technology that has been largely abandoned by music lovers because of
its inferior sonics and practical difficulties.

This is my point entirely - I don't think the 'transatlantic view' is
anything like relevant in this UK ng.

You and a *precious few* others (crossposted with only a couple of
indigenous, from what I can see) can hide behind all the *vinyl denial*
you want but the facts are a wee bit different and speak for themselves;
the current issue (Aug 2007) of just one 'UK audio magazine' has a
'vinyl mention' on at least 20 pages - not counting much more stuff
hidden in text and/or small ads.

Here are some quick snaps of the cover and *only* the double-page
spreads, to give you an idea:

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/MagCover.jpg

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/DoubleSpread01.JPG

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/DoubleSpread02.JPG

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/DoubleSpread03.JPG

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/DoubleSpread04.JPG

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/DoubleSpread05.JPG

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/DoubleSpread06.JPG

How *legacy* and *abandoned* does that look to you? Really?

And remember the point I made a day or two ago - having bought some of
this hugely expensive kit, the owners are going to want to feed it for a
long time to come so I think it's safe to say that there's still a
future for modern LPs. I don't think many people are paying 4K for
turntables (DoubleSpread05) or 2.3K for carts (DoubleSpread06) just to
play the 80s crap from their lofts or Classics For Pleasure cheepies
from the local charity shop....

Perhaps you are confusing modern LPs with 78s on 'gramophones'....??