Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Had to let you know .... A quote from one guitar forum

John Williamson wrote:
On 07/11/2014 16:44, Luxey wrote:

So here we go:

When we speak about the amplification of notes, as defined by Western Tonal Theory, and the contemporary equal temperament of the keyboard versus the Pythagorean multiples which make up single string harmonics, what we see is that single tube power amplifiers amplify even harmonics of a played amplified acoustic note, whereas a push-pull power amplifier, solid state power amplifiers, and distortion created with solid state devices through diode clipping amplify odd order harmonics.

This is science.

Not quite true, though.

Well, that's an understatement. The original poster is first of all mixing
up two things called "harmonics" that aren't the same, then he is mixing up
amplification devices with topologies and distortion mechanisms.

In fact, it's pretty much just an incoherent word salad from somebody who
likes throwing technical terms together without understanding anything about
the concepts behind them. This is a very typical thing in the high end
audio community and I have to deal with it on a regular basis much to my
great pain.

Responding to this sort of thing isn't worth your time or mine.