Josh Snider

Default art tube mp mic preamp

You could get professional results with an sm58 a bit of string and a tin
can, providing you knew how to use them properly.

I doubt you'll find clairity and warmth out of the mini-pre or the Tube MP.

They will likely only be a slight step above the pre's in your notepad. As
for other suggestions in that price range, well I've got none. I can't
think of any other mic pres in the $150-$200CDN range that will do what you
want. But you might want to check out the DBX 586 (if you really want
tubes) or the 286A Vocal pre-amp. Acctually the 586 may have been
discontinued.
At any rate, donšt' buy something cheap now and just get fed up and have to
spend more down the road. Keep it simple now, and wait till you can afford
a proper mic pre/signal chain into your computer.

in article , Mogse at
wrote on 9/7/03 11.43:

i'm on a low budget looking for a preamp to go with either a nt2 or
shure ksm mic

i'm currently using a nt1 and a spirit folio notepad mixer mic input
for a preamp which i want to upgrade

i saw an Art tube mp mic preamp for sale and was wondering if this
will give me professional results with an nt2 mic?

i'm looking for clarity and warmth.
if somebody could recommend a good preamp that would be appreciated

thanks
mogse

--
josh.snider