Stewart Pinkerton

Default THE AUDIOPHILE PRESS

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 05:52:19 GMT, "Lou"
wrote:

Shall we try again;

You said;

" Sure they do. That has been the modus operandi at three quarters or more of the
demo's I've ever seen. Further, it doesn't even have to consciously used as a
'trick'; when "it's just the way we do things here.""

I said;

"honest folks do not do this..."

If they are honest, they do not do this. Everyone knows it, so if they do
it, they do it knowingly, and are thus not being honest, IMO.

Sorry, you may be missing a major point. Many 'high end' dealers,
while basically honest, have been sucked into the same bull**** as
their customers, so they truly believe that if they perceive amp A to
be 'better' than amp B, then it *must* be true, and there's no need
for silliness like matching levels, or blind testing. After all,
*everyone* can hear these 'night and day' differences - can't they?