Posted to rec.audio.pro
Boris Lau Boris Lau is offline

Default digital photography vs. digital audio

Arny Krueger wrote:
Have you heard an audio recording of something with
substance (e.g. singer, instrument) that could be
confused with listening of the original object after a
close inspection? I haven't...

I have been fooled, and I've fooled others. The basic trick i've used is to
make a good close-miced recording of a small group performing in a room, and
then play the recording back in the same room from pretty good speakers in
the same general vicinity as the origional performance.

Well, yeah. But I'm still suspicious about that "close inspection part" ;-)

--
http://www.borislau.de - computer science, music, photos