Posted to rec.audio.tech
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Gefen FireWire 400 Repeater

Anybody have any experience with this device? I want to connect a TC
Electronics Impact Twin to my Hi-Fi and my MacBook Pro to use with Pure
Vinyl/Music, but they are too far apart to do this directly. It occurs
to me I might be able to drop a FireWire cable through the floor and
bring it out where I need it.

My problem is I have had mixed results with extenders of various types.
I tried a WiFi extender that never really worked at all. I tried a long
TosLink cable and the best I could get, due to length, was 48/24. This
gadget plus the cable isn't terribly expensive. I could probably do it
for well under $100, but I don't want to waste the money.