Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default A book worth looking for

On May 11, 3:58*am, Bret L wrote:
*It's called "The Theory and Servicing of AM, FM, And FM Stereo
Receivers", by Clarence R. Green and Robert M. Bourque.

*Despite the ungainly title there is some really good information in
here, lucidly presented. It explains biasing of both tubes and
transistors very well.

*It does require basic AC and DC electricity and electronic devices
competence so is not really a primer. I recommend old ARRL Handbooks
for that or the classic Electricity 1-7 and Electronics 1-7 for that.
This book is well worth looking for on eBay.

*It is also not a book of practice. and really doesn't cover the
physical aspects of working on electronics. Again, there are other
books for that.

A suggestion more appropriate for rec.audio.tech or rec.audio.tubes.

What was the last novel you read? What was your opinion of it?