Captain Howdy

Default Directed Amplifiers

I'm in Hamilton and no one around here sell their amplifiers. There two
dealers that sell some of their lower end alarms. Their alarms aren't that
great of a value anyways. 5 years ago I bought their Viper 300+ alarm for
$345 with tax. A year before that, I bought an Audiovox alarm for the wife's
car for $115 with tax, with the same options all the way to the same sounding
horn. The remotes even have the same range. Both alarms are on their second
car now, both still work fine, other then the viper has started locking up for
some reason about 8 months ago, this only happened 3 times so far. When this
happens the parking lights will flash once or twice to show system arm or
disarm without a beep and when the alarm is triggered the horn does not work.
Unplugging the alarm fuse gets it working again. With this problem aside. The
only difference is that the Viper this far cost me $69 a year to own. The
Audiovox alarm being a year older cost me $19.16 to own this far. If I have
bought 3 Audiovox alarms the price of owning them would have been the same as
the viper, yet two of those alarms would still be unused. Most people don't
see this since the average person owns their car for 2-5 years and most often
sells their alarm with the car. Those that do remove their alarms or try to
have their alarms removed quickly learn the fact that most install shops will
not reinstall used alarms.

It truely is a shame that they are not that well represented....I've
seen them around here though (I'm in Toronto). Definitely don't get
everything available from them though. Too bad.....The distributor
Directed Canada and Automobility in Montreal haven't penetrated the
Toronto market......