Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Vinyl temperature

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5:53:22 PM UTC-8, =
wrote:
Doesn't all of this rather make the point that - in terms of fidelity to =

the master - vinyl is *inherently* inferior to modern high-res digital?

*This* doesn't really make that point. That point has been long made. And i=
t's great that many significant works that were originally recorded on anal=
og tape can now be archived witha level of accuracy that they are for all p=
ractical purposes perfect copies of the feed coming off of the analog tape =
playback. Ofc ourse this does not address the issue of the analog tape play=
back. That is very dependent on the tape deck, the set up of that deck and =
the speed at which the tape is played back.=20

For purposes of archiving I am all in on hi res digital. For purposes of SQ=
for my personal playback I still prefer vinyl in most cases.