MiNE 109

Default System balance for LP?

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MiNE 109" wrote in message

Just wondering how I would go about it. My system has no tone
controls.

You can buy boxes that are nothing but tone controls for reasonable prices.
They are called equalizers.

So I need to equalize my system to make it favor lps? As it it, I don't
hear a difference in system performance.

They work well when connected between preamps and power amps. You can buy
them on eBay for reasonable prices. My favorite pieces are the Rane ME-30
and ME-60, along with the Rane PE-15.

The description says it the eq bands are narrow enough not to have
"interaction" with adjacent bands. Still, lots of stuff in the signal
path.

This one's parametric, and it's inexpensive:

http://www.behringer.com/02_products...&CFID=26384&CF
TOKEN=83594569

My speakers sound their best where they are no matter what
the source is.

That's a good thing.

My cd player is not compromised in quality. My
turntable is in good condition.

What would I do different?

Put your ears to work adjusting audio components that can sound seriously
different, lots of different ways.

Recordings, I guess.

Stephen