Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default JVC RX-515V Receiver - Blown Center Channel

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 13/06/2014 12:07 PM, wrote:
JVC RX-515V Receiver - Blown Center Channel

I have confirmed that it is the receiver's output that is blown, not the
speakee.

Is there anything I can check inside - something hopefully simple as a
fuse or thermal breaker?

This is a 20-year old surround sound work horse with plenty inputs for
all my analog gear, and replacements are few and far between.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot!

**If the RX-515V is anything like all the other JVC surround sound
recievers, then it will be extremely time-consuming. They were never built
to be repaired. Throw it away.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

The OP is probably out of his league - but I fix this kind of thing all the
time. No problem.

A couple outputs, maybe a resistor or two, sometimes a couple drivers or a
zener diode, etc.

Service info readily available.

Easy.

Mark Z.