Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

"~misfit~" wrote in
message
Somewhere on teh intarwebs GregS wrote:
In article
,
David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/5/2010 10:02 PM Eeyore spake thus:

[snip]
My point was that the floor the speakers is placed on
*could* easily be carpeted. Certainly not my choice of
floor covering here, but it exists
in many places out there in the wild.

And yes, I certainly wouldn't expect to see carpet in a
studio control room.

I would say carpeting is mandatory in my view in any
audio room. So is wall treatments, and ceiling
treatments.

Ahh! I fondly remember the days of gluing egg-trays to
the ceiling of the lounge until it was completely covered
from wall to wall.
Those were the days, when aesthetics took a back-seat to
sound quality.

At university, my room was fairly small and some really neat egg trays were
available in large volumes from the dumpster behind the residence hall
kitchen. I obtained a large number of them, painted them tasteful colors,
fastened them together into large panels with stiff wire, and literally
covered the walls of my room with them.

They had virtually no beneficial acoustical effects, which measurements bear
out.