Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] no-spam2@lycos.com is offline

Default Denon DCR-470R connector pinout

e-nigma wrote:

I agree with that, but pin 4 or 5 may have to be triggered somehow to tell
the unit to switch to changer input.
or 4 and/or 5, and/or 6 might have to have a load on them before it will
switch.

Perhaps someone here has a Denon CD-changer and can tell us how it
works in conjunction with a cassette-stereo like my 470R?

I don't have the unit in front of me, and don't have a user-guide, but
I seem to remember a "CD " button on the front-panel. As for
next/previous track/pause/play I suppose the existing radio station
buttons might act as controls for those functions when the CD changer
is used.

Not sure what would be telling the unit to switch to the CD changer
other than the "CD" button itself. Are you saying it might need some
external trigger input? If that's so, how would a CD-changer do that?