S888Wheel

Default System warm-up

From: "James Harris" no.email.please
Date: 4/13/2004 4:06 PM Pacific Standard Time
Hi,

My hi-fi sounds great sometimes and not others. I am told that it needs an
hour's warm-up
and this could fit with the times it has sounded good. For example, great one
evening but
poor the next morning. I leave the electronics on but not playing.

Maybe you could give us the specifics on your system.

Is there a CD that can be played to loosen the system up? I suspect the
speakers most.
Bass extension is particularly absent at times. Any suggestions as to whether
playing a
very low frequency sine wave or similar could do the trick?

Check Acoustic Sounds or Music Direct for a number of test and diagnostic CDs.
I doubt that Bass extension would be that affected by any sort of warm up.