Mark Zarella

Default Bass Blockers Needed or Not

How do you know that the lack of power isn't the culprit?

--
Mark Zarella
zarellam at upstate dot edu

"Mastermech" wrote in message
I Have a 92 K1500 pickup I just installed an Alpine 9807. I

currently
am
using some 10 year old sony speakers, (Installed some Kenwood 4675's but
they sounded terrible) but they don't seem to be able to handle any bass
without distortion. A powered sub will be going in soon. I was just

curious
as to the use of Bass Blockers. Would they help protect these speakers,

or
actually the ones I install at a later date from this type of

distortion?

Thanks
JRE

You misunderstood my question. How do you know that lack of power from the
head unit isn't the culprit?