Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Zoom H2 Handy Recorder - Brilliant!

geoff wrote:
John Lamp wrote:
Fran Guidry wrote:

I did a little comparison of my H2 to my full boat recording rig:

http://www.fxguidry.com/pblog/index....y071201-161322

Many thanks for that comparison. An interesting test.

If the H2 is a toy, it's the single niftiest toy I've ever had in my
hands.

I am more than happy to be using it. One work around for the crappy
mechanism for attaching it to a mic stand is to use the Roland
OP-R09M adapter for their R-09 recorder.

A standard security camera ball-joint swivel stand is great. And the
plastic lug thing works fine. But it took me a few minutes to firgure
that it wasn't a cheesy 'handle' !!!

geoff

The only TOTAL COCKUP is that is only has a USB 1.1 interface, not USB2.
WHY did they do that ? Yes, you can stick the card in an external
card-reader....

geoff